Trying an "Outfit Post" on for Size



So far, I’ve been exploring different subjects to cover in this blog. At first, personal style seemed like a fun place to start, but it was a struggle to get good photos! My husband is not a photographer, and while I’ve styled dozens of photo shoots, I haven’t spent much time in front of the camera. So, I made my husband dig out his Digital SLR for Dummies book, and I studied up on my favorite style bloggers, who aren't just skilled at putting together amazing outfits but also at striking magazine-worthy poses (I’m in awe!).

With a little practice, we were able to get some snaps of my current go-to outfit. Last year, I was on the hunt for the perfect chambray shirt and fell in love with this “ex-boyfriend” style from Madewell. Paired with these ridiculously soft denim leggings, this duo just might be the comfiest combo in my closet (barring yoga pants and a hoodie).
To make things more interesting, I threw on a pair of fringe boots and grabbed my favorite bag, then we headed to the abandoned office buildings next to our apartment for a mini photo shoot.

7 comments:

  1. you are the CUTEST ever at all. love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this entire outfit! You are adorable:)

    xx Cara
    www.carascliche.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Cara! So are you! I'm loving the ombre feather skirt on your blog today! xo!

      Delete
  3. Love the leggins and the boots but they are so outside of my budget at $187 and $2,187 - so I am thinking you must have some shopping secrets. Any tips on how to find these items for less?
    BTW - Hubby has a second career calling :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny, you're right -- these items are a bit pricey, so I'm definitely a strategic shopper! I held out on these black leggings for awhile and got them the day after Christmas, when Bloomingdales had everything temporarily marked down! I'm also a big fan of the sale racks at Gap and J. Crew and have been having good luck lately in the juniors department at Nordstrom, where everything is so much cheaper! :) You've given me a great idea -- a future post on an entire outfit under, say, $100?

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the tips! Great idea.

      Delete
  4. ummm how much were those boots?

    ReplyDelete