On Subject: Beauty


Should this be a beauty blog? I adore beauty, but I’ve never been sure how to properly express this without sounding terrible. Take your typical interview question: “So, what are some of your hobbies?” Me: “Well, beauty, obviously.” See, you just can’t say that! But beauty is definitely a legitimate interest. In the sixth grade, I found a book called Natural Beauty at Home at a store in Kansas and spent the next three years slathering mixtures of mayonnaise and shredded carrots on my face and cracking eggs on my head in the quest for perfect pores and shiny locks, respectively. I’d pedal my bike to the drugstore and spend hours ogling nail polish shades and flavored lip balms, then feel utterly transformed with a single swipe of watermelon Lip Smackers scored with my babysitting money.

Today, I’m still concocting strange things in the kitchen and searching store shelves (and now, the web) in the name of beauty. Chug kale to get a glow? On the regular. Dab La Mer under my eyeballs with a fancy little wand to ward off wrinkles? Twice daily. Procure a pillow that looks like a wrench because it promises to “Save My Face”? Done and done. Since beauty (as in the pursuit of, not the state of) clearly occupies a significant amount of my time and counter space, I'll also use this blog to share any pretty discoveries and maybe
even revisit some old recipes. Can someone please pass the mayo?

(Pictured above: a glimpse of my bathroom counter)

7 comments:

  1. Finally, I know what you use on that gorgeous mane! I look forward to more tips from you, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, lady! There's a whole lot of Kerastase involved in taming this mane! Thank so much for your tips on red lips -- I need to try the shades you recommended!
      xo!

      Delete
    2. You are welcome to try my shades before you buy!

      Delete
  2. i need to know whats that list of products there?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holly! The Moroccan hair oil is actually from YOU, remember? I use it all the time but super sparingly so I've made it last more than two years! I adore it! Also, I got the Bliss Triple Oxygen mask after you told me about the wonders of oxygen facials! I'm sure it doesn't compare to the real deal performed by a pro like you, but it's great for a quick pick-me-up! xo!

      Delete
  3. Okay, I have been debating springing for La Mer for a couple of months now. WORTH THE EGREGIOUS PRICE? Tell me! xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Full disclosure: I did not pay for the La Mer. It was a gift from my super generous MIL. So far, I've only used the eye cream and unfortunately, my under-eye area still looks the same (dark circles and lovely little lines). Not that I was expecting miracles, but kind of for that price, right? Maybe I just need to give it more time...or maybe it's preventing way worse stuff from going on! The face cream is supposed to be amazing though! If you try it, let me know! xo!

      Delete