Cut-Offs & Coconuts

Fresh coconut water


Aloha! I just got home from my jaunt to Hawaii. Of all the things I crammed in my carry-on, I was especially excited about these cut-offsmostly because I'd finally slathered on enough St. Tropez to feel good in an orange-and-white print. After an afternoon of SUP (seriously, so much fun), my husband and I hit up the fruit stand across from the beach for some fresh coconut water and a sandy stroll. I paired these short shorts with white sandals (love the cool cut-outs), a breezy white tank, and a skinny belt to keep it all in place. I also wore a huge floppy hat because these days, the only tan I want comes from a bottle.
Beach bum
Printed cut-offs at the beach
Printed cut-offs, cut-out sandals, and a floppy hat
Beachwear


Gap shorts, tank, and sunglasses. Franco Sarto sandals. American Apparel hat

Later that night, we traded our coconuts for Mai Tais and witnessed a breathtaking sunset. To see more pics from the trip, follow me on Instagram!



Follow Once Upon a Blog

22 comments:

  1. That last photo is breathtaking! You look very beachy and cute, and I am with you on the tan thing- SPF 50 and St Tropez for me:)

    xo
    Courtney
    The Hunter-Gatherers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Courtney! Sunscreen and self-tanner is definitely the way to go! xo

      Delete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous! I love those shorts! And this pale gal, is the same way- no sun for me!
    xx
    http://thescreensiren.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Screenie! The shorts are majorly on sale now in case you're interested! xo

      Delete
  3. Looks like an amazing trip. Such great shots - I can't wait to see the rest of the pictures! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Caity! I'll try to share more pics soon. xo

      Delete
  4. Those cutoffs are great - love them paired with a simple tank on the beach. Stunning location!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cut-offs are actually half-off now...and they would be adorable on you! :) xo

      Delete
  5. So jealous I can't wait to go back. Sounds like you had so much fun:) You should come up to LA we go paddleboarding all the time (although it's near impossible to compare it to paddleboarding in Hawaii).

    xx Cara
    www.carascliche.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I totally want to move to Malibu so I can SUP everyday. That's where all the celebs SUP, right? :) I'd love to join you there! xo

      Delete
  6. Such beautiful photos!! I love those shorts and that floppy hat! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Lauren! The floppy hat is really fun. It comes in tons of color, too! xo

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks, Lucia! Love that Essie shade you're giving away on your blog!

      Delete
  8. your trip looked amazing and huge kudos for St. Tropez - tans should only come from a (top shelf) bottle ;)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more! Although I do love some Jergens Natural Glow, too! xo

      Delete
  9. Nice tan! Glad to hear it is mostly from a bottle. I am so jealous you have been hanging out in Hawaii! I needs a vacation, but these pics will do for now.;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Brandy! Hope you get to go on a vacation sometime this summer! xo

      Delete
  10. uhm hello gorgeous, love those shorts Xo, Megan, www.TfDiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're too kind! Thanks, Megan! I love TfDiaries! xo

      Delete
  11. Marlen, you are too sweet! Trust me, I've looked orange plenty of times in the past, but thankfully, self-tanners have gotten so much better that I usually turn out okay. I really like the St. Tropez Bronzing Mousse for special occasions (like vacation) when I want a darker tan, but for everyday use, I also love Jergens Natural Glow.

    xo
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this outfit! Makes me want to go to the beach! Just stumbled across your blog today. I'm glad I did!

    Lori
    www.closetandkitchen.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete