On Subject: Style

Could this be a style blog? I’ve worked in fashion (with the most fearless fashionistas of them all: tween girls), have a slight obsession with shoes, and repin street style snaps like it’s my job (hey, Pinterest, I’d love to pin stuff like it’s my actual job—call me!). But maintaining a dedicated style blog sounds like a major pain in the ankle booties. I’d end up spending an exorbitant amount of time in front of the mirror every morning, cursing my closet for not looking anything like this, and making Pinot-induced purchases past midnight whenever my favorite sites have free shipping (so what if you have to fill your cart with $500 first? It’s free shipping, people!). Okay, so maybe I do some all of these things anyway. So, from time to time, I just might make my sweet, sweet husband get out the fancy camera and take a few pictures when I put together something that's potentially pin-worthy.

Here's my kind of super simple work outfit: a whole lot of neutrals plus one pair of standout flats. I assumed they were leopard print, but my husband insists they're jaguar. Either way, they make Mondays more fun.




J. Crew sweater, pants and belt. Gap scarf. BCBG flats (love these Kate Spade leopard flats, too). Michael Kors aviators. Cole Haan bag. Bracelets by David Yurman and my super talented BFF.


6 comments:

  1. Omg. You could TOTALLY have a style blog. You are more put together on a regular day than I am, like, ever. Adorable pics. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Rebecca! I'm sure if I had a little one to chase after, it'd be a totally different story (one that begins and ends with sweatpants).

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the shout out! You could def make this a style blog, just keep rockin the bracelet! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU for the beautiful baubles! Luckily, they go with everything!!!
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. Julia you should write a book, your words are lyrical and funny and i adore everything you have to say. wow Sascha makes beautiful bracelets. keep the posts coming x's and o's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Holly! That means so much to me! I'm going to have to hit you up for a guest post spilling all of your skincare secrets! :) xo!

      Delete