Hawaii-Bound: What's In My Suitcase

Today, I’m off to Hawaii! My husband has been there all week for some Marine Corps training stuff (I stopped paying attention after “helo dunker”—Google it no don’t Google it) and has the weekend off, so I’m heading his way for a quick getaway.

Since this will be a short (but sweet) trip, I'm attempting to pack light for the first time ever. In addition to a few tanks and a lightweight sweater, here's what's in my suitcase.

Summer travel essentials

I plan on living in shorts during the day and dresses at night. The high-low maxi will be perfect for a breezy evening, and the cut-out dress that I wore on my thirtieth birthday has a floral print that's made for the tropics.

The chambray shirt, conveniently longer in the back, will do triple-duty as a bikini cover-up, light jacket, and top to pair with those fun printed cut-offs. The bikini is an oldie but a goodie (a certain plaid is always in style), and the summer-ready white sandals go with everything.

A hat is a must, as is plenty of sunscreen. The SkinCeuticals block has SPF 50 and a nice tint so I can leave foundation at home (more on that here), while the Colorescience powder SPF comes in a handy brush, making it easy to reapply throughout the day. To fake a glow, I've been applying self-tanner all week and will dip into the warm, coral shades in this makeup set. And since we prefer hiking to beach bumming, I also threw in some husband-approved workout wear.

Unfortunately, I had to leave the cutest thing I own behind. Tell me, what are your summer travel essentials?

Follow Once Upon a Blog


10 comments:

  1. Printed denim is a favorite of mine for summer. That dress is great - loving the cutouts. Have an awesome trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post! It's always fun to see what other people bring. I never go anywhere without Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Body Mist Sunscreen and I've been living in Banana Republic roll-up shorts in white (I also have a navy pair). I'm excited for some good weather again so I can wear my new RBL dress that I found through looking at your cut-out one- http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/rbl-racerback-dress-accessories/3526397

    Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lynn! Oh my gosh, I absolutely love the RBL dress that you picked! The print is perfect and the racerback cut is so cool. I'm so happy to hear that my post helped you find it! Can't wait to see it on you! xo

      Delete
  3. That Burberry bikini is so perfect! It is absolutely classic Julia Ralston! Are you their muse? I wouldn't be shocked. Have a great trip and take lots of photos!
    xoxo x 1,000, BA
    www.bethanimalprint.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know me and my love for Burberry too well :) xo!

      Delete
  4. Have an amazing time - I can't wait for pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Caity! I'll be Instagramming it up! xo

      Delete
  5. Have fun! I'm excited to try that sunscreen! I just ordered some :)
    Andrea Whitmore

    ReplyDelete