Off-Duty Attire

Since at least one stranger left a sweet comment on my first real outfit post, I was motivated to do another! 

Lily Aldridge for Velvet fatigue jacket



I’m a big fan of military-inspired looks. This has nothing to do with my husband being a Marine, but come to think of it, it’d be super helpful if he weren’t a size XL so I could actually borrow that bona fide bomber jacket of his. Instead, I get most of my camo the same way any other civilian does, which would be at J. Crew, of course.

For the past two months, I’ve been on a mission (of the sartorial sort) to find a cool fatigue jacket. I tried on contenders from J. Crew and Madewell, as well as a rad sleeveless style at Nordstrom, but it was this Lily Aldridge for Velvet version that ultimately won the battle for a space in my closet. Note: this probably does have something to do with my girl crush on the gorgeous VS Angel.

I dressed up the jacket with a pair of nude pumps, but since I’m not actually trying to blend in, I grabbed this bright pink clutch for a spring-ready pop of color. 



Lily Aldridge for Velvet fatigue jacket
Fatigue jacket + pink clutch
Fatigue jacket, pink clutch & nude pumps
Aviators, fatigue jacket, nude pumps & pink clutch


Lily Aldridge for Velvet jacket. Uniqlo sweater. Citizens of Humanity jeans. Cole Haan pumps. Vintage clutch. Michele watch. Jewelry by Tiffany & Co. and David Yurman.

2 comments:

  1. Aren't fatigue jackets the best?! Love how you styled it here!

    xx Cara
    www.carascliche.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. They really are the best!!! Thanks so much, Cara! xo!

    ReplyDelete