Trying the Trend: Floral-Print Dress

Floral-print dress


Florals? For spring? As The Devil Wears Prada’s Miranda Priestly would say, groundbreaking. But seriously, I’m seeing way more blooms than usual this season, and I’m not just talking about my garden. Everything’s coming up roses at all of my favorite stores, too. I found this fresh little number on my recent trip to New York (more on that in this post). I love the kaleidoscopic floral pattern, flared skirt, and the fact that it only set me back $12—for real. I’ve already worn this dress to two weddings, making it a major bang for so little bucks.

Floral-print dress + nude pumps
Floral dress + quilted moto jacket
Floral dress + moto jacket + nude pumps
H&M dress. TrouvĂ© moto jacket (love this white moto for spring/summer). Cole Haan pumps. Valentino sunglasses. Vintage clutch. Baublebar earrings. David Yurman bracelets.

8 comments:

  1. Groundbreaking? Well, maybe not, but it IS flattering, stylish, and beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Caity! And affordable! I mean, $12? What a steal!

      Delete
  2. 12 bucks!? Total style steal. You really make it look more expensive with the leather jacket. I like how it's not too girly too. That's usually why I steer clear of florals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tori! I like how it's not too girly, too!

      Delete
  3. Julia - You broke the floral trend story before the New York Times! -This week the style section called it - A profusion of flowers! Bravo!

    http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/04/17/fashion/Spring-Fashion-floral-prints.html?_r=0&referrer=

    We just returned from the honeymoon and so excited read your article on NYC!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sharing the NY Times article! I love how they called florals "the new summer neutrals." Thanks to your wedding, I was able to find this dress! :) xo!

      Delete
  4. Wow, amazing dress for the price and I love it paired with the leather jacket. Yum!

    ReplyDelete