Green Smoothie with Pineapple & Mango

Green Smoothie with Pineapple & Mango
My favorite thing about green smoothies (besides the health and beauty benefits) is that you can completely change the flavor just by switching up your fruits. With the arrival of warmer days, I've been craving smoothies with a tropical twist. For spring-worthy sips, I've swapped the apple and kiwi in this recipe for a mango and two cups of frozen pineapple. According to celeb nutritionist Kimberly Snyder, pineapple is one of the best foods to eat for soft, supple skin, as explained her in latest book, The Beauty Detox Foods (the other ingredients in this recipe made her list of beauty-enhancing foods, too). If that knowledge doesn't brighten your mood, sipping this drink from a yellow polka dot straw should do the trick. 

Frozen pineapple, mango, lemon, and banana
Blender with romaine lettuce and spinach, mason jar with yellow polka dot straws
Green Smoothie with Pineapple & Mango
Serves 2


Ingredients
2 cups cold, filtered water
4 cups organic romaine lettuce, chopped
2 cups organic baby spinach

2 cups organic, frozen pineapple
1 organic mango, peeled & sliced
1 organic banana
Juice of 1/2 organic lemon

Add water, lettuce, and spinach to blender; blend until smooth. 
Add mango and pineapple; blend again. Then, add banana and lemon juice, and blend once more until smooth.

Follow Once Upon a Blog

11 comments:

  1. This sounds delicious and is not above my skill level - woohoo! Can't wait to try it. xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No skills required at all! If you can press "blend," you can totally handle it. Let me know if you try it! xo!

      Delete
    2. Something I love about my smoothies. Just chuck it in. Although my recipe does have a fair few ingredients.

      Delete
  2. I definitely need to try this. I have only found one recipe that I really love and am starting to get sick of it :/

    xx Cara
    www.carascliche.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Cara! What's the recipe you've been making? I'd love to check it out! Definitely let me know if you try this one! xo!

      Delete
    2. I'm also out searching for new ideas which is how I found this post :) Let me know what you came up with? Cheers, Pip.

      Delete
  3. Hi Marlen! I'm so glad you shared the smoothie recipe with your mom -- I hope she likes it! As for the straws, I found them online at a party supply store and already want more. So happy you like them! xo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy to share my recipe too - it is over at http://littleeconest.com.au/blog/green-smoothie-recipe-update/. So many people say add a banana - but I just don't like them! :/ Plenty of other ingredients to explore I suppose :)

    Smiles, Pip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That looks delicious! Thanks so much for sharing! :)

      Delete
  5. Looks simple enough to do! I can't wait to try it out, except that I'll be making it for myself and that sounds like a whole lot of smoothie to swallow! Do you know if I can keep the remainder in the frigde? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you can definitely refrigerate this! I usually make a big batch and refrigerate the rest to have the next day (so in another 24 hours or so). Hope that helps!

      Delete