1 Shirt, 5 Ways

1 Black-and-White Shirt, 5 Ways


Black and white is one of this season's top trends. What's better than one blogger showing you how to try it? Five, of course. So I teamed up with four fellow style bloggers to show you how we'd each wear the same black-and-white striped blouse.

Black & white blouse + red lips


I'm a minimalist at heart, so I stuck with the two-tone palette with black jeans, black pumps, and a white clutch. Does this make me look like a ref? Before I'd even asked for his opinion, my husband handed me his phone with the search results for "sexy referee Halloween costume." Well, at least he included "sexy." For the finishing touches, I went with the deliberately undone half-tuck (love this tucking tutorial), cuffed my jeans, and added a single pop of color with a bright red lip.

Striped blouse, black jeans & pumps

Black & white sleeveless blouse

Black & white blouse, black skinnies, peep-toed pumps

Half-tucked blouse



I love how the other ladies weren't afraid to show some leg and inject more color into their looks. Be sure to check out Moi Contre La Vie, SF Shop Girl, Bethanimalprint, and Cara's Cliche to get the scoop on how each blogging babe styled her black-and-white blouse.

Follow Once Upon a Blog

26 comments:

  1. Yay! You look fabulous Julia. I'm so glad you styled the top with pants as it compliments your figure perfectly! Thanks again for all of your help in organizing!

    xx,
    Alex
    www.sfshopgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alex! It was so much fun collaborating with you! xo

      Delete
  2. Black and white with a pop of red, it's perfect!

    xx Cara
    www.carascliche.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! So chic and timeless - I just adore your style!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Caity! Great job picking out such a fun top to style for this collaboration! xo

      Delete
  4. Look at all those stylin' ladies! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Black and white is definitely my favorite trend of the season. I love how you styled the shirt, and paired it with a red lip and toes. Nice modern take on the classic look.

    I Just came across your blog, now following via bloglovin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elizabeth! I love that you even noticed my red toes :)

      I just discovered your blog and love it! I got some great tips from your day-to-night dress post! xo

      Delete
  6. I love when the dragon girl comes out to play! Great shots too. High five for the back lit shot.
    xoxo, BA
    www.bethanimalprint.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dragon Girl definitely spices things up! I will let Nick know that you high-fived his backlit photo. He'll be pumped. xo

      Delete
  7. Oh, such a lovely look. I have been eyeing this Zara striped blouse for some time now, and I think I just got persuaded by you and the girls =) Great initiative!

    xo,
    Sylvia @ WorldTasting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sylvia! I definitely recommend this blouse. As you can see, there are so many ways to wear it! xo

      Delete
  8. LOVE this look. Newest follower to your blog. Love this!!!

    xx- Jamie @ Makeuplifelove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jamie! I love your blog, too! xo

      Delete
  9. Love, love this outfit! I don't have a zara near me but I may just have to order that top online!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alissa! The top is currently out of stock online, but fingers crossed they get it back in soon! xo

      Delete
  10. Your posts are always so thoughtful AND full of good info - thank you for the tuck link!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words, Nicole! I'm so glad the tuck link is helpful. That blogger did such a great job showing off different tucking styles! Who knew there were so many? xo

      Delete
  11. Gorgeous look and the lighting is amazing! Love the lipstick too!
    xx
    http://thescreensiren.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Screen Siren! I adore your blog. What a great idea! xo

      Delete
  12. This is so cool! What a great idea! All beautiful ladies and outfits but you and yours are def my fav. xoxo

    ReplyDelete