Sweater-Weather Essential: The Poncho

Sweater-Weather Essential: The Poncho via Once Upon a Blog

Ah, sweater weather. There’s a reason it’s a hashtag. Come fall and winter, who doesn’t love bundling up in warm, cozy knits? I recently discovered something that’s even better than my comfiest of sweaters, and that’s a poncho. It’s equal parts sweater and blanket without crossing into Snuggie territory. In other words, you can wear it somewhere other than your couch.

I’ve been waiting for sweater weather to arrive in the Bay Area, but our Indian summer is still going strong. A recent trip to Washington, D.C., with a chilly evening on the water in nearby Annapolis (home of Nick’s alma mater—go Navy), finally provided the perfect poncho-friendly temps.

Note to expecting mamas: I’d also call the poncho a pregnancy essential, as it leaves plenty of room for a growing bump. Plus, it looks like something Blake Lively might wear.

Easy fall outfit: poncho, leggings & booties

Fall favorite: ponchos & blanket sweaters

Zara Intarsia Poncho Cardigan

Fall uniform: striped poncho, leggings & ankle booties




More cozy ponchos and blanket sweaters:




P.S. Another comfy, fall look: office-appropriate sweatpants.

5 comments:

  1. I think the poncho/cape is definitely onee of the "it" items for fall! Love the look!

    xo,

    miranda

    thechicstreet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I also love it when the "it" item is comfy :) xo

      Delete
  2. I need a poncho stat!!! You love gorgeous. Love these pics.

    xo, Lauren
    alovelysideproject.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I love ponchos too. They can be often worn as a light spring or fall jacket.

    ReplyDelete