Yellow & Lace

yellow sweater tucked into lace skirt
One of my favorite things about Easter is that it's the perfect excuse to bring out the colors that have been hibernating in my closet, like this yellow sweater (which is at least five years old). I love tucking everything from t-shirts to sweaters into this lace skirt, which is by far the most complimented piece of clothing I own. My friend Bethann, the adorable chica behind the fashion blog Bethanimalprint, even asked if she could borrow it once, which flattered me to no end because a) the girl is beyond stylish and b) she thinks we're the same size?! (We are not.) 

I would usually pair a combo like this with a classic pair of nude pumps, but my dad was feeling snubbed, pointing out that I'd done two whole outfits posts with ankle booties (here and here) and neither of them were the ones he'd gotten me for Christmas. So, I went for dad's booties and loved that they added something unexpected to an otherwise very ladylike combo—thanks, Dad!  

Tory Burch booties


Gap sweater. Staring at Stars skirt from Urban Outfitters. Tory Burch boots. Calvin Klein belt (scored at Marshalls!). David Yurman jewelry. Michele watch. Charlotte clutch from Ambiance.

Follow Once Upon a Blog

21 comments:

  1. I love your smiling pick the best!!! And your hair looks awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And by "pick", I meant "pic". Not enough coffee, yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Sasch! Re hair: there's a brand new mousse from Bumble & Bumble that's entirely responsible for the volume!

      Delete
  3. The bold color of the yellow with the lace is perfect!

    xx Cara
    www.carascliche.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look amazing, Julia! I still want that skirt! The minute I find it in my size, it is mine!
    Love you!

    Bethann
    bethanimalprint.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm totally going to be on the lookout for one for you! Check out Topshop -- they have some pretty ones right now that are kind of similar! I can see you looking like a total goddess!
      xo!

      Delete
  5. Love the outfit, the location and the big smile! :) Beautiful all around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Tracy! Definitely had to rep the old 'hood :) xo!

      Delete
  6. You look great, honey, I really like your skirt too.;) And I'm a tucker as well.:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Peet! I'm so happy to hear from a fellow tucker! :) xo!

      Delete
  7. LOVE that skirt! Well, really I just love that whole outfit... Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Lizzie! Your blog inspires me as well! I'll be calling you to decorate my future home one day! xo!

      Delete
  8. Ahh I am so in love with this outfit! The lace and yellow is so romantic and feminine together. You look so classy and chic! I want it all!! :P xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Lauren! I'm so glad I just discovered your blog -- love it! xo!

      Delete
  9. Thanks so much, Marlen! It's so great to hear from you! I love Messages on a Napkin! I hope you can find a similar skirt -- there are some cute ones right now online at Topshop!
    xo!
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  10. i cant believe i havent commented on this amazing series of photos, Julia you are so stunning. I have always been amazed by your pure beauty inside and out. Your outfit is the cutest thing, can you take me shopping sometime? Love these. Love Georges boot pick. beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much for the sweet comment! I would love to go shopping with you! You have such great taste. I will definitely tell George you approve of his boot pick -- he'll be thrilled! xo

      Delete
  11. I'm in love with this outfit!! That shade of yellow really suits you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. loving this look, and your hair!

    Xo, Megan, www.TfDiaries.com

    ReplyDelete